Have you ever considered setting up your own baby and toddler sale and not quite known where to start?
We are offering the opportunity to use our well known and respected brand, our experience, our fantastic website and associated marketing material to get you up and running and then ongoing support to help you be successful and earn money!
All of the ‘behind the scenes’ technical processes are taken care of leaving you free to use your skills to organise and run successful sales! We have put the work in already so the next steps are easy for you. With commitment and passion to succeed, good knowledge of social media and how to use the internet along with great people and social skills, you can do it! A totally flexible working life where you chose your schedule.
It really is a straightforward step by step process to get things off the ground in your area, (which we will help you with), and then it is up to you to promote your Lots for Tots event. Get local mums, dads, grandparents and carers on board as sellers and visitors, and in no time people will be asking ‘when is the next sale’!
Of course you need to know how it all works, what kind of financial commitment you will need to make, what return on your investment you will receive and how you can make a good income. We will advise you on all of these things and can reassure you now, if you sell tables and people come and buy – you will make money immediately.
No experience is required but enthusiasm is a must! We will guide you through every step of the process of setting up your own sale, from locating venues to how to advertise the events with really clear step by step instructions.
You should be:
- Friendly, approachable and good at verbal and written communication.
- Happy to organise and run events.
- Ready to run and administer your own business.
- Happy meeting new people and chatting to sellers and visitors in a professional but friendly way.
- Able to commit to 6 sales a year and the time for marketing and promotion via online and distributing printed materials.
- Happy to build on and develop your local knowledge of baby and children related groups, businesses and venues.
Organising the sale
You are responsible for booking venues and dates. Once they are confirmed most of the work before the sale involves advertising to buyers and sellers. Computer skills are essential, being able to post on social media, forums, local groups and take enquiries. Templates for all marketing materials will be provided so you can easily add your dates to advertise in the local area and build awareness of your sales. We have a large suite of marketing materials so all the work has been done for you!
Ticket sales and technical elements
Our franchise agreement cuts out a lot of the hard work. You will have a page set up on our main website and each of your events will be added with the ticket sales all processed automatically through our system. Apart from the initial franchise set up fee this is where we take our ongoing fee as a percentage (25% of ticket sales). This gives us a vested interest to continue to support you along the journey and make sure your sales are as successful as possible for both parties. It also saves you hours and hours of time because you don’t have to organise individual bookings! As well as looking after the website and all ticket bookings we also send out regular emails to our large database and update our social channels which will continue to promote your sales.
The fantastic thing about running a Lots for Tots baby and toddler table top sale is the more you put in, the more you will get out. There are several different revenue streams which can all add to extra income for the events.
- Table bookings – sellers (you recieve 75%)
- Table bookings – business tables (if you wish to have them)
- Entrance fees (you recieve 100%)
- Visitor Packs: (you recieve 100%) – Another great income stream is to give your customers packs as they enter the sale. These feature flyers and offers from toddler and baby related companies that are keen to advertise to your crowd of people – exactly their target market!
- Refreshments: (you recieve 100%) Providing tea and coffee to sellers and visitors is good for everyone and can prove to be great extra income on the day. Most venues have tea and coffee making facilities which you can use and you provide the consumables such as the paper cups and coffee.
For creative people there are other revenue streams you can tap in to. From raffles to childrens activities, it’s up to you!
So, what are you waiting for?
If you would like to start a sale in your area get in touch before it gets snapped up by someone else.
Want to know more? Just email us with your preferred locations or any questions and we will send you a franchise information pack.